A long-term and amazing opportunity for a highly-motivated and experienced Project Manager has opened to work with a young and dynamic Construction Company in AU.
The role will be responsible in providing project management in different construction and refurbishment projects. It will also involve external client managing contractors, consultants and other key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you must have a solid experience in Project Management, Client Management, Design Management, Procurement, Contracts and Tender Proposals Administration. As the role is client facing, you must be self-confident and able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you have the desire to seek growth opportunities outside the comfort zone, then this must be the opportunity you are looking for!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Work Experience:
- Perform the role of Project Manager providing leadership in the delivery of construction and refurbishment projects throughout the entire project lifecycle with the necessary support and coaching from the Designated Project Executive;
- Directing the success of projects through achievement of project objectives and KPIs and be responsible for the management and coordination of engineering, design, fabrication, installation, commissioning, quality, health and safety, finance and administration, and cost and schedule activities of the projects;
- Client fulfilment by - Develop and maintain excellent relationships with current and new Clients that is based on trust and integrity; Work with current and new Clients to determine what is required to meet their needs; Communicate regularly with the Client regarding progress and emerging issues; Deliver on time and to agreed quality.
- Provide leadership in work winning activities in conjunction with the Directors of the Business Focused on the hospitality, social housing, industrial, state government departments and tertiary education provider clients predominantly in NSW and QLD. Including establishing, developing and managing key client relationships and client intelligence, arranging and attending client meetings and functions, tender/proposal preparation and submission; and
- Provide mentoring and assist with professional development of less experienced resources.
- Preparation and maintenance of Project Plans (e.g. Project Execution Plan, Design Management Plan, Quality Plan etc.)
- Set up and maintenance of the various registers (e.g. Risk Register, Change/Variation Register, Lessons Learned Register, etc.)
- Set up of Project Calendars, review and management of project programs
- Set up and maintenance of the project controls / monitoring tools
- The timely provision of the necessary project reports including preparation of PCG reports
- Leading project meetings and preparing agendas and minutes
- Managing change/variations, risks/opportunities, the project organizational structure, etc.
- Design management
- Being responsible for the financial and commercial performance of the project. This may require specific negotiations with the client to manage these aspects of the project.
- Value engineering/ value management
- Consultant procurement
- Stakeholder management
- Statutory approvals coordination and management
- Head contractor/ Construction contractor procurement
- Contracts administration
- Construction contract super intendency
- Project handover and close out
- Defects identification and rectification
- Manage and lead Empire human resources to support delivery of projects including
- Assist in allocating resources to projects
- Assisting in recruitment activities
- Assisting in the professional development of other Empire human resources and mentoring
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as Project Manager in the Construction/Engineering Industry.
- Graduate of Bachelors Degree with qualification in Building, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a similar related degree.
- Above average communication skills
- Proficient with tools like MS Office application, MS Project and the likes.
- Familiarity with the following industry standard contract forms is an advantage: GC21, MW21, AS4000, AS4122 and AS4902
- Must be keen to details and very good customer service
- Ability to manage a team while able to work independently
- Can start immediately